Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hilo, Hawaii

We arrived on the island yesterday.  Papa called it the big island.  It is big and I guess there are other islands around here that aren't as big.  Mama said there is a volcano here!  Maybe that is why it is so cloudy.  We went to the zoo yesterday and saw lots of animals.  Papa took pictures and is adding them after I write.  We saw lots of birds, a big pig, lizards and iguanas, monkeys, and animals I didnt know like a marmoset, ring-tailed lemur (he looked like zoomabufu) and a skink (it did not smell that bad).  We went to see the white tiger but he was sleeping somewhere and we could not find him.  Julian liked the zoo, too.  He ran around screaming and pointing everytime we found a new animal.  He is just a kid, so I put up with it.  Papa tried to make me eat something called poi when we went to eat after the zoo.  I ate mac and cheese. Tonight we leave to go to another island called Japan. It will be a long time until we get there so I might write again between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment