Wednesday, March 13, 2013

India


We just left India.  We had a fun time for most of the time.  When we got there, there were drummers and they played while we got off the shipand they had some type of paint that they would put on the center of your forehead as you got off the ship.  Julian danced and didn't let them put the paint on his head.  Papa says India is a very big country and has a lot of people that live there over 1 zillion of them. We started in a city called Kochin in the state of Kerala.

It reminded me of Miami with all the palm trees, banana trees,warm weather, humidity, very short rainshowers that come in the afternoon to cool thingsoff, and long beaches with grainy sand.. The people in India call Kerala Gods own country because it is beautiful.  We drove down the coast to a beach about six hours away. Kovalam Beach.  Papa wanted to get away and relax for a few days and we were able to do that. Well, except the first day when we all got sick.  Papa called it Dehli Belly.  I called it throwing up on mama and Julian.  Everyone was sick for about a day.  Then when we got better, we went to the beach and pool and had fun.  We saw eagles and hawks flying and lots of fish in the water.

I spent most of the time on the beach with my bucket, shovel, and toy truck.  I looked for treasure but all I found was sand. I also liked being in the pool playing with new friends I met at the hotel.  I went walking into town with his Papa.  On the walk, we saw elephants at a festival, and saw vendors cooking all kinds of food. It was definitely a fun and relaxing time in India, but we were excited to get back on the ship.  Julian was excited to not throw up anymore.  Now we are heading to Mauritius.  I will write more soon.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Parker, Madrina and your cousins can't wait till you come back. Glad your tummy is better. We love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way Parker I can't believe how big you and Julian are. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete